- Be proactive. Don’t complain about the things you can’t control. Change what you can control.. that is yourself and how you see and choose how to react to circumstances.
- Begin with the end in mind. Imagine yourself at your own funeral. What do you want to be known for? To have people remember you for when you were still alive? Choose something, and focus working towards being that person you want to be.
- Put first things first. Too many of us procrastinate and push stuff that we have to do till much later and end up rushing right before the deadline. Prioritise important things to do first.
- Think win-win. Co-operate with others! Always much better to create value for others, rather than just focusing on helping yourself.
- Seek first to understand, than to be understood. Other people don’t really care about you unless they see something that affects or helps them! If you are able to impact their lives, they will start to think and bother about you.
- Synergise. Choose who to work with carefully, but always be on the lookout to synergise! You both benefit much more together than if you were to work alone individually. Its like 1+1=3!
- Sharpen the saw! Do the little things in life that boost productivity and help aid you in achieving the big picture rather than trying to find the magic bricks to build a building without first caring about its foundations. Think of it this way. You have a tree logging business. So in order to maximise profit and number of trees cut, you need to ensure that your tools and saws are in perfect condition and well maintained (e.g. sharp). No point working so hard with a blunt saw. You’re just wasting your time.
This is just a very short summary of what the 7 habits are! Highly recommend those of you who are interested in learning more to google it up to learn and understand it more!! 🙂
7 Habits of Highly Effective People by: